location_top

Ursuline High School, Wimbledon is a voluntary-aided, comprehensive high school for Roman Catholic girls from 11-18. Under the Trusteeship of the Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark.

The school has moved through several phases during its history, from a small private school, to a grammar school and on to become the successful comprehensive school it is today.  Ursuline High School, Wimbledon was founded from Forest Gate in 1892 when four nuns came to establish a tiny school in a private house in Worple Road. In the beginning there were three pupils, now there are 1360.

Our school has been serving the local community by providing education for Catholic girls for over 100 years.  From being a private boarding school, it became a voluntary-aided grammar school in 1944, and a 13-18 comprehensive school in 1968.  The standards achieved in academic work and all aspects of the life of young people have been outstanding.  The school is fully comprehensive, both academically and socially, and enjoys a strong and supportive community life. In September 2002 the High School became a sixth-form entry 11-19 comprehensive secondary school.

Ursuline Sixth Form and Wimbledon College have worked in partnership since 1986 and the joint Sixth Form has over 600 students.